# Dream Bigger: An introduction to entrepreneurship
We are pleased to announce that our first session in a 3 part collaboration with NatWest, was a massive success. In the last week of September a number of us virtually gathered on zoom to gain insight into what entrepreneurship is.
The session opened with special guest Indie Gordon, who is a Programme Manager at Foundervine, as well as a serial entrepreneur. Indie dropped numerous gems on what being an entrepreneur was really like, how to manage your time effectively and the power of failing 10, 100 or a 1000 times. Many of us felt energised and pumped after receiving such great advice.
The rest of the session was then led by NatWest directly, it started with a video which provided great insight into what the future would look like. Jobs that we are not even aware of are waiting to be created, robots will possibly do many of the menial tasks we currently do and artificial intelligence will very much be a normal part of day to day life. We need to get ready for these changes and whether you want to go into entrepreneurship or not, adapting the mindset that comes with it gives rise to innovative thinking.
We did not leave the event empty handed and had great workbooks to use with affirmations, structure on how to set SMART goals and resources we could explore further.
Below are some facts, figures and questions we felt would be helpful for anyone wanting to know key takeaways:
- 1 in 3 entrepreneurs in the UK are women
- Set your goals and then break it down into 10 goals
- Where do I want to be in 5 years time and what will I do to get there?
- Don’t be afraid to ask for feedback on your ideas
- Don’t be afraid to embrace risk
- Actively ask for stuff you need
- If you have many goals on your schedule make sure that everything on your schedule is working towards your overall purpose.
- Set goals but make sure they’re SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time sound)
Some takeaway affirmations:
- “I learn from failure”
- “I am resilient”
- “I embrace challenge”
If you missed out on the first session, do not worry as we have two more coming up in October and November below are the dates and links to register:
29th October 6–7.30pm
26th November 6–7.30pm
We hope you’ll join us.