The youth leadership board (YLB) of She Is You is made up of young women between the ages of 16 -25. They are the driving force behind She Is You and the activities carried out. The YLB is designed to nurture and support, talented young future female leaders. A platform where young women can walk in their leadership potential through first-hand experience. The Leadership Team of She Is You, (made up of the founding members) will have oversight of the YLB and act as a support, to help share and execute their ideas and skills, ensuring that their voice is being heard every step of the way.Register here
Meet our youth Leadership Board
Tyra Ukuti Edmund
I’m an Accounting and Finance student, studying at The University of Kent. I am interested in business and entrepreneurship, particularly female entrepreneurship as I believe this is something that is not celebrated and encouraged enough.
I started my first business at 16, selling jewellery, this was the first of many businesses I hope to own in the future. I joined the ‘She Is You Youth Leadership board’ because I want to inspire and encourage other young women like myself, as well as to grow in my own self confidence. I want to create a community to support, young women in whichever career they aspire to venture into in the future. Especially the ones that are predominantly male dominated. Whether that career be in Entrepreneurship, Finance, Medicine, Law etc. I want other young women to be able to believe that their dream career is attainable and that they should not limit themselves.
- Committed to your own personal journey of growth and leadership
- Contribute thoughts and ideas on issues that matter to you
- Actively research on topical matters in relation to female empowerment, leadership, women of colour etc
- Prepared to show up imperfectly but determined to become better through the process
- An opportunity to speak out about the things that matter to you to drive change and provide solutions
- The opportunity to inspire those coming up behind you and be a good example
- A platform to nurture your leadership skills within a supportive environment and community
- Access to opportunities and industries that will allow you to be exposed to female founders and other successful men and women
- The opportunity to build your own network of other like-minded young women
- Glean from the experiences and know-how of the ‘Big Sisters’
- The environment to nurture and shape your voice